- Go to this link: click here (This is a real Microsoft page, no virus)
- Install it, even with Windows 10.
- Go to Downloads.
- Right-click the Windows Live file, and click Properties.
- Click Compatibility, and turn on Compatibility Mode. (Skip if not Windows 10)
- Double click file.
- Follow instructions. (You don’t need to launch it)
- Launch Fallout 3.
Now, why do I need this?
Because Fallout 3 G.O.T.Y. is looking for a file called xlive.dll. The only way (besides bypassing the scan) is to install Windows Live, so the scan will be successful.
Don’t comment anything involving an illegal alternative! This will result in reporting!
Original Link – Continuation of discussion