After going to sleep this is what is happening. Adding a check if(object.ContainsKeys(x)) would prevent this from throwing an exception.
Message: An item with the same key has already been added.
- Stack Trace: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
- at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
- at StardewValley.SerializableDictionary`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value)
- at StardewValley.Events.WitchEvent.makeChangesToLocation()
- at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
- at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
- at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
- at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
- at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
- at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
- at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
- at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
- at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
- at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
- at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
- at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
- at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
- at StardewValley.Program.Main(String args)
Got the fix. I had to open the save file, find the coop that she was flying over, in this case it was my Big Coop, and remove it from the save XML file, MAKE A BACKUP FIRST!!!! After loading the game, after the removal, she flies over my slim hutch and the game saves just fine. Go modify the save file once again and add back your big coop (from your backup file location under <Buildings>). Reload the game once again and you should be good to go. Because the witch event completed successful there is no more crash issue.
Original Link – Continuation of discussion