Duke Fishron is a difficult boss, no doubt. He hits hard, he moves quick, and his health bar seems to stay green forever. Most players don’t fight him until after Golem, due to his difficulty. But luckily, I’m here to tell you how to destroy the Duke before you even think about looking for one of Plantera’s Bulbs!
Now, this is my first guide, so there may not be a whole lotta photos and stuff. I’m really just getting used to this whole thing so bear with me here.
Okay, first things first. You need armor for fighting any monster, and the Duke is no exception.
- Chlorophyte Ranged Set: This armor is post-Mech Bosses, so you’ll need a Drax or Pickaxe Axe to mine the Chlorophyte. Not a problem, really.
- (Unreal) Megashark: This is one of the best hardmode guns there is, and one of the most famous too. Crafted with 1 Minishark, 1 set of Illegal Gun Parts, 5 Shark Fins, and 20 Souls of Might.
- (Ruthless) Optic Staff: This is more or less for fun, but I found it helpful in the battle. If you use a Summoning Potion & Bewitching Table you can get 3 sets of Twins, which help in the fight. Crafted from 1 Black Lense, 2 Lenses, 12 Hallowed Bars, and 20 Souls of Sight.
- (Reforge 4 to Menacing & 2 to Warding).
I’m not going to go into much detail about these, but I’ll tell you what you should get.
- Avenger Emblem
- Frozen Turtle Shell
- Worm Scarf
- Ankh Shield
- Charm of Myths
- Star Veil
These should all help in the fight, as they are all very effective and are somewhat easy to obtain.
But you may be wondering: Where’s the mobility?
It’s right here my friend.
- Scaly Truffle: This is a mount summoning item that can be obtained in hardmode when fishing in an Underground Crimson/Corruption/Hallow Tundra.
It serves well for mobility purposes.
Finally, as ammunition for your Megashark, use Chlorophyte Bullets.
Potions & Buffs
Now, it goes without saying that you need potions to fight Duke Fishron. But which ones do you need?
For time’s sake, I will not upload pictures of the potions.
The potions I used are as follows:
- Ironskin Potion
- Summoning Potion
- Wrath/Rage Potion (I used both but depending on what your world has you may only use one)
- Regeneration Potion
- Lifeforce Potion
- Ammo Reservation Potion
- Endurance Potion
- Pumpkin Pie
- Greater Healing Potion(s)
With these potions (and pies!) you should be covered for all buffs.
It’s common knowledge that arenas make boss fights easier. But each boss requires a different arena to counter it. So what’s up with the Duke’s arena?
It’s really not that complex. All you need are two layers of platforms over the ocean, one about 5-6 blocks over the other. (The first is about 1-2 blocks above the ocean) You should place Heart Lanterns & Campfires around to increase life regen. Since you’ll also be flying, it may be wise to make small platforms in the air suitable for Campfires & Heart Lanterns.
This is what I did for the arena:
When you summon Fishron, start moving right away. During the entire fight you should be running from him. (Do not leave the ocean, though) When he summons his Sharknados, they will normally be on the top platform layer, so you can go under them. Never stop firing your Megashark, no matter what. Always try to pop the bubbles he sends your way.
Now, the most challenging part of the battle is his Phase 3. In this stage, Fishron will teleport to you, ramming you very quickly. You will die if you stop moving, so don’t. If you die during this stage, don’t worry, I did that too. If you fail just keep trying and you will win eventually!
Thank you for reading this guide. I hope you beat Fishron and got the loot you wanted! I know I did.
If you’d like to see more from me, please Rate Up this guide and comment! If you have any improvements you think would help, please tell me! And if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask!
Original Link – Continuation of discussion