This guide will teach you how to fish in Terraria.
- a fishing pole
- fishing potion
- sonar potion
- crate potion
- angler armor
- a cell phone
- angler earring
- high test fishing line
- a tackle box
To get started, you will need a fishing pole and bait. To get your first fishing pole, you must have a crafting table placed and 8 pieces of wood in your inventory. Purchase a bug net from a merchant, then break some rocks with your pickaxe and catch the worms that come out of them.
Now you have a fishing pole and bait. Now have the ability to fish!
How to fish
This is simple. To fish, you need to left click with a fishing pole in your hand and bait in your inventory. Let the hook fall into the water. When the hook starts bobbing, left click again and you will have caught a fish!
The Angler is an NPC that doesn’t sell anything, but rather assigns quests to players. Quest objectives generally involve fishing for rare fish from different biomes, which he gives you various rewards.
You will randomly encounter the Angler sleeping on the sand or on the water surface at an Ocean biome.
He will move to a house when:
- There’s an empty house available for him.
- You wake him up and talk to him.
- A good way to grind for Bait is to create a jungle farm, to allow and break the plants that grow, due to the high odds of getting bait per plant. Possible drops are a Grubby, a Sluggy or a Buggy.
- A good way to get money is to sell Bait to merchants
- It’s a good idea to save up your crates until hard mode has been activated because of their chance to drop hard mode ore bars this can make your character much more survivable in expert mode
- An easy pre-hardmode way to tell if it’s a full moon, would be to use a Deathweed’s blooming as an indicator. A Deathweed only blooms under either a full moon or a blood moon.
Best time to fish
- the way to fish to have the best odds of getting good fish/items is when you…
- are wearing a full set of angler armor
- have a angler earring equipped
- have consumed a fishing potion, a crate potion, and a sonar potion
- have a cell phone equipped (to know when the time is right)
- have a tackle box and a high test fishing line equipped
- its raining
- its 4:30am – 6:00am or 6:00pm – 7:30pm
- its a full moon
- and finally your fishing in an area that is 300+ water tiles big
Original Link – Continuation of discussion