So asked for all the ways to get housing in Civ 6 in the questions and complaints thread. I felt it was a bit too long of an answer there, so I just made this instead. Hope you’re prepared because this is going to be long. Also hope I got them all, please tell me if I did miss some.
Note: Obviously these have other effects, I’m just too lazy to list all of them.
- Palace: +1 Housing
- Granary: +2 Housing
- Sewer: +2 Housing
- University: +1 Housing
- Madrasa: +1 Housing
- Barracks +1 Housing
- Stable +1 Housing
- Military Academy: +1 Housing
- Lighthouse: +1 Housing
- Seaport: +1 Housing
Pagoda: +1 Housing (Requires the Pagoda Worship Belief to build.)
Government and Policies
- Monarchy: +2 Housing in all cities with at least Medieval Walls.
- Insulae: +1 Housing in cities with at least 2 districts.
- Medina Quarter: +2 Housing in cities with at least 3 districts.
- New Deal: +4 Housing, +2 Amenities, -8 Gold, in cities with at least 3 districts.
Aqueduct: Raises the bonus Housing from water by 2, or up to 6. Whichever is higher.
Effectively this is +4 Housing for no water, +3 Housing for coastal water, and +2 Housing for fresh water.
- Bath: Provides the same as the Aqueduct, and an additional +2 Housing and +1 Amenity regardless of if the city already has fresh water or not.
- Neighborhood: Provides +X housing dependent on Appeal of the tile it’s placed on.
Disgusting +2, Uninviting +3, Average +4, Charming +5, Breathtaking +6.
- Brazil’s Unique Ability, Amazon: Rainforests provide +1 Housing to adjacent Neighborhoods.
- Mbanza: Provides +5 Housing, +2 Food, and +4 Gold, regardless of Appeal.
- Camps, Farms, Fishing Boats, Pastures, and Plantations all give 0.5 Housing each.
- Stepwells provide +1 Housing, and an additional +1 Housing after Sanitation is researched.
Water and Settling
- 2 Base Housing regardless of where you settle.
- Settling near fresh water: +3 Housing if you settle near a source of fresh water.
- Settling near the coast: +1 Housing if you settle near the coast.
- Whichever is higher.
- Mohenjo-Daro Suzerain Bonus: All cities get the +3 Housing bonus as if they were founded by fresh water.
- Great Engineer Mimar Sinan: +1 Housing, and +1 Amenity for a city, 2 charges.
- Great Engineer John Roebling: +2 Housing, and +1 Amenity for a city, 2 charges.
- Great Engineer Jane Drew: +4 Housing, and +3 Amenities for a city, 1 charge.
Era / Capital / Other Cities:
- Ancient / None / None
- Classical / +2 / None
- Medieval / +2 / +1
- Renaissance / +5 / +1
- Industrial / +5 / +2
- Modern / +8 / +2
- Atomic / +8 / +4
- Information / +11 / +4
- Religious Community Follower Belief: Shrines and Temples now provide +1 Housing.
Original Link – Continuation of discussion