- Date Release: 2017
- Genre: Fighting
- Developer: 07th Expansion
Umineko Golden Fantasia – 2D-fighting game with the characters of the novel Umineko. Numerous references and jokes, gorgeous graphics with voice acting, great soundtrack, original mechanics and netplay!
On yearning for quality fighting exclusives PC, it all looks even better and almost makes the game more successful. Before that, of all the doji fighting games such success could only be achieved series Melty Blood. Umineko no Naku Koro ni is created in close collaboration with 07th Expansion. The release took place within Comiket 79 (December 31).
Seeing as how most people reading this are probably already familiar with Ougon and want to know what’s special about the Steam version, here’s me:
- The rollback netcode in Golden Fantasia is vastly improved over the original Japanese release; I’ve been able to play cross-coast and cross-continent matches with hardly any issues at all. After the most recent patches, playing with friends, either in the US or abroad, has given me zero issues. The old rule of “play within your coast or don’t play at all” no longer applies.
- The translation, which is provided in part by the Umineko translation group Witch Hunt, is serviceable; everything you’d expect to be translated is present, including the UI, story mode, tracklist, and command list. A launch-day bug caused some text to remain untranslated (which you may have noticed in early reviews), but those issues have since been resolved.
- In the latest patch, MangaGamer has added keyboard rebinding, which didn’t exist in the original game. This has made Golden Fantasia much more pleasant to play for me, as I don’t have to fiddle with joy to use my standard control scheme.
If you cared about Ougon because you enjoyed its versus, Golden Fantasia’s netplay is a big enough step up to warrant the purchase. If you cared about Ougon because it’s an Umineko spinoff, the spectacle of the story and gameplay are arguably worth the plunge.
Also, I totally recommend everyone new check out the Ougon Mizuumi Wiki for more specific information on character playstyles, moves, and frame data.
- OS: Windows 7, 8, 10
- Processor: Intel Core i3
- RAM: 2 GB
- Video card: GeForce 7600GT
- Soundcard: DirectX 9.0c
- Free hard disk space: 2.5 GB
Download Umineko Golden Fantasia
Watch trailer Umineko Golden Fantasia:
Original Link – Continuation of discussion