I don’t want to start a war they are both great games…… but anyway I started playing fallout When I was younger played 3 but the copy I had was scratched so once I left megaton it would time out so one day my cousin lets me borrow New Vegas and I absolutely love it! I collect everything and do every single thing possible go out my way and sell a couple games to get the ultimate edition do everything DLC and all and then when I’m done I’m lost and so I go to Fallout 3 and I love it and I put 100s of hours in both games.
SO. I say in my mind the choice would fallout 3 but in my heart it would be fallout new Vegas just was wondering other people’s thoughts on the subject.
Fallout New Vegas vs Fallout 3 Comparison
Fallout: New Vegas wins, for me. It’s not even a contest:
- Unique companions with very unique personalities, goals, motivations, backgrounds. Fawkes is the only companion I remember from Fallout 3, probably because he is shoehorned into the party.
- More weapons, armor, items, and better balanced.
- Many more quests which have better writing to boot.
- Greater use of skill checks, and in my opinion much more logical, albeit still not perfect.
- Rebalanced skill and attribute system. 1 Perk every 2 levels. Could have been every 3 levels, like in the classic, but eh.
- Reputation system.
- Ammo crafting, survival crafting, weapon modding.
- Four factions to choose from, all very interesting ones and which pose a good moral dilemma for me.
- Many memorable NPCs, from the major ones (House, Caesar, Benny) to the small ones (Fantastic, James Garret) to the minuscule ones (Oliver Swanick).
- Deleveled world, for the most part. Deathclaws and Cazadores are lethal and they are just around the corner.
- More emphasis on questing than on combat.
- A better radio host with a more pleasant voice, personality, and who doesn’t judge you without getting his facts straight.
- Ending slides as opposed to “play forever and fuck the consequences”. I finished Arcanum not long ago and it’s great to see how doing “the right thing” was actually a bad decision to make.
- THE DLC!!!!
The sole aspects that makes Fallout 3 stand out for me are:
- Can take some pretty screenshots in the destroyed and dying landscapes.
- The Ink Spots on the radio.
Original Link – Continuation of discussion