Fallout 76 has an extensive cosmetics system that allow mix/match of different outfits, armor, headgear, and accessories to create some truly amazing looks. The game itself have a ton of different cosmetics you can hunt down and collect without having to resort to the Atomic Shop. For the past week I have been cataloging some of the outfits, headgear, and accessories you can get in this game to make a gallery on how they look and how you can acquire them. It is far from complete, I reckon I have only collected about 60-70% of what the game has to offer but it should give you a good starting point to customize your character’s look.
Armor – Link
- Outfits – Link
Underarmor – Link
Headgear – Link
Accessories – Eye – Link
Accessories – Mouth – Link
Accessories – Misc – Link
The Apparel System
You can wear outfits, accessories, armor and baselayers/underarmor together the same time. However, there is a hierarchy on what will be shown when you wear them together. Generally outfits will replace the appearance of armor and underarmor.
- Outfits: No stats, purely cosmetics. They will replace the appearance of your armor/underarmor. All have 0.1 weight.
- Armor: Armor is divided into regular armor and armor that have unique appearance (what is shown here). Armor with unique appearances will not show underarmor underneath. Armor give resist stats.
- Underarmor: Appear under regular armor. Can be modified to give stats. These all have 1.1 weight
- Accessories: Headgear can be worn on top of outfits, same with mouth/eye accessories and special items like the Prisoner Collar. The exception are items like certain gas masks or full face masks that prevent mouth masks/eyeglasses from being worn at the same time. Some may lower stats (i.e. gas masks) while others protect you from airborne diseases (i.e. masks).
Obtaining Apparel & Outfits
- Some apparel items have random spawns – you may not find the same apparel as another player at the same location
- Some apparel have fixed spawns (i.e. Lab Coat/Nuka Cola clothing)
- Vendors will also carry a selection, much like spawns, some are randomized while others are always there.
Missing Apparel items
As mentioned above, I have only collected about 60% of what the game has to offer. Some items I have not been able to locate and could use your help. If you notice an item not on the guide, feel free to drop a comment here or on the sites so we can add it.
Just to give you an idea of what is still missing, NewFoundRemedy put up a google doc with a list of the available cosmetics from the Prima Gudes, the red highlighted stuff are ones that are in the guide.
Here are some look combos you can do just to give you an idea.
If you guys are interested in something similar for the atomic shop, please let me know. I know the atomic shop does offer some limited previews but people have being saying it isn’t as accurate as extensive as they like.
Original Link – Continuation of discussion